KATY PERRY SLAMMED FOR ‘OFFENSIVE’ INSTAGRAM PHOTO – (04/21/2017)
Katy Perry is trending for all the wrong reasons. The “Chained to the Rhythm” singer posted a photo of the Hindu goddess Kali to Instagram Wednesday night and captioned it “current mood.”
While some users liked the post, there were also some pretty vocal detractors. One user summarized the sentiment behind the blowback, writing: “This is a shameful and offensive act. You can’t compare yourself with The Great Goddess KALI MAA.”
- Perry, 32, was raised in a conservative Christian household but has said that she does not identify with any particular religion. In 2013, she told Marie Claire: “I’m not Buddhist, I’m not Hindu, I’m not Christian, but I still feel like I have a deep connection with God.”
- However, this isn’t the first time Perry has publicly linked herself to the Hindu religion. In 2010, she married her now-ex husband Russell Brand in a Hindu ceremony in India. The couple divorced in 2012.
DRAKE REFUSES TO PROSECUTE WOMAN TRESPASSING IN HIS HOME – (04/21/2017)
Drake has given the fan who entered his home without permission a break after choosing not to press charges. According to TMZ, Drake’s lawyer told the L.A. County District Attorney that the rapper doesn’t plan to cooperate in the prosecution of the 24-year-old woman. As previously reported, the fan was discovered in Drake’s home by a member of his crew. Upon being discovered, the woman was wearing one of Drake’s hoodies and confessed to drinking a Pepsi, a Fiji Water and a Sprite.
- It was uncertain how the woman got into the home, but Drake was not present when the incident occurred.
CELINE DION WANTS TO DUET WITH ADELE – (04/21/2017)
Celine Dion has reached out to Adele to request a duet. Dion revealed she is a “big fan” of Adele and said she would love for them to team up.
The award-winning singer launched her bid on the British show Lorraine, where she sang her request to the tune of Adele’s hit single “Hello.” She sang: “Adele, hello, it’s me. I was wondering if you can sing a song with me, anywhere, anytime.” She added: “I’m a big fan.”
Dion – who presented the Song of the Year Grammy to Adele this year – has collaborated with a host of musicians including Pink and Sia, who she revealed has written three songs for her. “I want to experiment,” she said. “I’m working with collaboration. SIA wrote me three songs. What a fighter what a writer what a vocalist – and her creativity is freaking me out.”
Dion also opened up about losing her husband René Angélil to cancer last year, and said despite feeling “very strong” she feels she will “grieve for the rest of my life.” She said her 1997 hit “My Heart Will Go On” have, which was featured on Oscar winning film, Titanic, has “absolutely” taken on new meaning following Angélil’s death. “When my husband passed it became our song,” she said. “I used to sing it for the fans but now I sing it for us. When I look at the fans they look at me and they know I sing it for him.”
JOE JONAS, DNCE SURPRISE TEMPLE UNIVERSITY CLASS – (04/21/2017)
There were some new students on the campus of Temple University in Philadelphia yesterday who looked very familiar to music fans. As students entered their social media marketing class, it appeared the band DNCE, including frontman Joe Jonas, had enrolled.
As the professor went on with his lesson, the students began to realize something was up. “Student caught on after a while and kept asking the professor why DNCE was in class with us,” said Ian Aubry, a Temple student and College & Marketing Rep for Universal Music Group, who helped set up the surprise. After DNCE was called out by the class, Aubry said the band pretended to be foreign exchange students from Holland.
“Eventually, the joke was up and the band posed for selfies and met the entire class,” Aubry said. DNCE, made up of Jonas, Cole Whittle, JinJoo Lee, and Jack Lawless, mingled with the students, as they prepped for their Owlchella performance last night at the Liacouras Center with Flo Rida and Matthew Schuler.
DNCE just released their newest single “Kissing Strangers” featuring Nicki Minaj.
VIOLA DAVIS, JOHN LEGEND, MORE LAND COVERS FOR TIME’S 100 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE – (04/21/2017)
As always, Time’s annual list of the 100 most influential people for 2017 feature a hodgepodge of acclaimed Hollywood stars, TV personalities, tech titans and world leaders.
Among the honorees are Oscar winners Viola Davis and Emma Stone, comedians Leslie Jones and Jordan Peele, musicians Alicia Keys and Demi Lovato, TV talking heads James Corden and RuPaul, sports figures Colin Kaepernick and Simone Biles, techies Evan Spiegel and Jeff Bezos and leaders President Donald Trump and Pope Francis.
- Other celebs mentioned include John Legend, Melinda Gates and Riz Ahmed, who were also chosen as cover subjects (Davis and Bezos also earned covers).
- Stars like Meryl Streep, Tyra Banks, Taylor Swift, Elton John, Martin Scorsese and Oprah Winfrey toiled behind the scenes penning tributes to their cohorts on the list.
- Of model and body activist Ashley Graham Banks wrote: “Every Graham of her body embraces anyone who ever doubted themselves. It is time for everyone to bow down to the fashion industry’s—no, make that beauty’s—new queen.”
- Gavin Grimm, an LGBT activist, is the youngest person to appear on the list at age 17. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor is the oldest at age 87.
- This year’s issue of Time’s 100 Most Influential People will hit newsstands Friday, April 21st.
GISELE TWEETS ANTI-TRUMP PROTEST AFTER TOM BRADY SKIPS WHITE HOUSE – (04/21/2017)
Players for the New England Patriots visited the White House on Wednesday, but a certain MVP was noticeably absent.
Tom Brady’s failure to show was particularly notable considering the fact that he made headlines for having a “Make America Great Again” hat in his locker in 2015 and saying that if President Donald Trump won the election he wanted to see new putting green at the White House.
- As the election season continued though, Brady seemed to be having a change of heart and walked out of a press conference in October when a reporter asked him about Trump’s “locker room talk.”
- Some observers are claiming that Brady’s wife Gisele Bundchen may be behind the change. The same day Brady absented himself from the White House, Bundchen tweeted out a link to information about an April 29th climate change rally in Washington D.C. for the Years of Living Dangerously project.
- She captioned the link, “March for climate, jobs, and justice. To change everything, we need everyone.”
- She has since deleted the tweet, but her views on Trump are well-known. A fan posted a video on Instagram of her being asked if she and Brady would vote for Trump. She replied: “NO!”
Brought to you by: