Celebrity Sleaze – 12/07/2017

by Gino on December 7, 2017

in Celebrity Sleaze

JOHN MAYER THANKS FANS FOR THE LOVE FOLLOWING EMERGENCY APPENDECTOMY – (12/07/2017)

John Mayer has sent a heartfelt thank you to fans for the outpouring of love and support after the guitarist was rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy earlier this week.

“Thank you everyone for the well wishes,” Mayer shared on Twitter. “Had surgery yesterday and woke up to see some amazingly kind and loving tweets. I’m so sorry that we couldn’t finish out the last few dates of the tour. This band and these shows mean the world to me. Love you all dearly.”

Dead & Co. have been forced to postpone a handful of shows while Mayer recovers from the surgery.

“The Dead & Company concerts scheduled for Dec. 7th in Orlando, Florida, and Dec. 8 in Sunrise, Florida, in addition to the Dec. 5 show in New Orleans, are postponed,” according to a statement from the group. “All tickets for these shows will be honored for the rescheduled dates. Information on the rescheduled concerts will be announced as soon as possible. Should ticketholders choose to seek a refund, they will be available at the point of purchase.”

The singer still seems to be in good spirits despite the unfortunate circumstances, posting a mirror selfie on Instagram with the caption “still got it.”

MICHAEL BUBLÉ ‘EAGER TO GET BACK ON STAGE’ NOW THAT SON IS BETTER – (12/07/2017)

A year after putting his career on hold to care for his son Noah, who’d been diagnosed with cancer, Michael Bublé is ready to step back into the spotlight.

A source tells Entertainment Tonight that after Noah was diagnosed in November of 2016, “the holidays were a tense time for the Bublé family…it was really a scary time for everyone.”  This year, though, the source says the family will be able to celebrate, because Noah, who’s now four, is an “energetic little boy” who is “doing very well.”

As for Michael, he is, according to the source, “in a really good head space right now,” and is raring to go. He’ll host the 2018 Juno Awards in Vancouver in March, and has booked several concert dates in Ireland and London for the summer.

“[The Junos are] really important to him,” dishes the source, who says the singer will be very “hands-on” with the show.  As for those summer concerts, the source explains that Michael “doesn’t want to be on the road for a large chunk of time, but he’s eager to get back on the stage.”

JUSTIN BIEBER SHARES TOUCHING TRIBUTE TO HIS DAD – (12/07/2017)

Justin Bieber’s relationship with his dad Jeremy has been the subject of public curiosity since Bieber Sr. said he was “proud” when Justin’s nude photos leaked in 2015 – a faux pas they both laughed off at the time.

The singer was raised primarily by his single mother, with Jeremy mostly out of the picture through Justin’s childhood. In a new Instagram post, Bieber pays tribute to his dad and hints that their complicated relationship is on the mend.

“I️ love continuing to get to know my father I️ love working through hard things to get to the good things,” he wrote. “Relationships are worth fighting for especially with family!! Love you forever and always daddy!”

The post includes a photo of Justin and Jeremy walking down the street together, taken from behind. Justin’s new attitude dovetails with his recent spiritual awakening: He and on-off flame Selena Gomez are often seen going to church service together.

JOHN TRAVOLTA SLAPS BACK AT ‘GOTTI’ RUMORS, AS SIRI THINKS HE DIED – (12/07/2017)

John Travolta is clarifying news that broke on Tuesday about his upcoming John Gotti biopic. The film, directed by Entourage star Kevin Connolly, was sold back to production company Emmett/Furla/Oasis by Lionsgate, which initially planned to distribute it for a December 15th bow in theaters.

Travolta, who plays the titular character in Gotti, tells Deadline that the manner in which the news was reported borders on “fake,” and claims that he was the one to pull the plug on the release, not Lionsgate.

  • “Unfortunately, the reports were speculation bordering on fake news,” Travolta tells Deadline. “Lionsgate was planning on a minimal release, and I did an investigation into people who might have the interest and financial wherewithal to better release it. Ed is a fan of mine and of the Gotti story and really wanted to see the movie. I invited his group, they saw it and bought it. That is the simple explanation for this. It wasn’t dropped. It wasn’t easy to get Lionsgate to give it up. They said no, twice, and I literally begged them to reconsider and they finally and generously let it go. We signed this deal about three weeks ago, to purchase back the film from Lionsgate. Our mistake was we should have said something right then and discussed our plan for the film. We didn’t anticipate this speculation that is so grossly wrong.”
  • Travolta has teamed up with producer Edward Walson, who financed the Lionsgate buyout. They are close to shaking on a new release deal with a distributor, Travolta says.
  • The Gotti movie has been several years in the making and is said to cover Teflon Don and his many decades as the head of the Gambino crime family. (He eventually got sent to prison in 1992 and died there in 2002). Travolta’s wife, Kelly Preston, plays his onscreen wife, Victoria Gotti.

SIRI THINKS TRAVOLTA IS DEAD

  • Meanwhile, Apple’s “intelligent personal assistant” Siri is telling users that Travolta died nearly a decade ago.
  • When asked how old John Travolta is, Siri replies (according to multiple reports): “John Travolta died January 3, 2009 at age 54.”

Brought to you by:

Comments on this entry are closed.

WordPress Admin