JESSICA BIEL JOINS TWITTER: Jessica Biel has joined the ranks of celebrities on Twitter. The actress is communicating through the handle @jessicabiel and kicked off her social networking experience at Monday’s Met Gala. Her first tweet was a picture of her outfit along with the caption, “I can’t zip up my dress. Welcome to my world!”
VIDAL SASSOON DIES AT 84: Vidal Sassoon has died at the age of 84. TMZ.com reported that he passed away from an unspecified illness at his home with his family by his side. Sassoon — famous for creating the “bob” haircut — is rumored to have been diagnosed with leukemia in 2009. He is survived by his fourth wife Rhonda Sassoon and three children.
OLIVIA MUNN DISCUSSES VERBALLY ABUSIVE STEPDAD: Olivia Munn didn’t have a picture perfect childhood. The actress discussed her verbally abusive stepfather in a new interview with Ocean Drive magazine, describing him as “the Devil.” She explained, “He would always say, ‘You’re not smart enough, pretty enough, you have no talent,’ and it would knock me down, but it wouldn’t keep me down. When [my stepfather] would be screaming his head off in the living room, I would hustle everybody into my room and launch into imitations of teachers or do scenes from movies. And that would take their minds off of the hell that was happening down the hall.”
RACHEL RAY FEUDING WITH MARTHA STEWART: Rachel Ray and Martha Stewart do not get along. The New York Post reported that Ray recently moved into Stewart’s old studio and ordered her staff to perform a ritual that would chase away negative spirits. A source told the Post, “There is bad blood between the two chefs. Martha has spoken openly about her disdain for Rachael.” Martha previously has said that Rachael’s style was “not good enough for me,” adding, “She’s more of an entertainer . . . with her bubbly personality, than she is a teacher, like me.”
CELEBS TO STAR ON ‘THE CHOICE’: Rob Kardashian, Carmen Electra and Pauly D will all participate on Fox’s new dating series, The Choice. The show will feature 24 celebrities who will “mix and mingle with civilian singles in a game show format.” Other celebrities who will participate include Tyson Beckford, Joe Jonas, Dean Cain, Rocco DiSpirito, Warren Sapp, Finesse Mitchell, Romeo, Jeremy Bloom, Jason Cook, Michael Catherwood, Seth Wescott, Parker Young, Ndamukong Suh, Dr. Robert Nettles, Taylor Hicks, Mike Sorrentino, Rob Gronkowski, Steven Lopez, Hope Dworaczyk, Rima Fakih and Sophie Monk.
MTV MOVIE AWARD PRESENTERS ANNOUNCED: Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield, Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Mila Kunis and Mark Wahlberg will all be presenters at the upcoming MTV Movie Awards. Fans can vote for the winners of the awards through Saturday, June 2 at MovieAwards.MTV.com and the show itself will air live on June 3rd.
JERRY SEINFELD RETURNING TO TV? Jerry Seinfeld is heading back to TV. Starpulse.com reported that Seinfeld is teaming up with Alec Baldwin, Ricky Gervais, and former writing partner Larry David for Comics and Cars, which will feature the gang test driving cars and trading automotive stories. Seinfeld recently tweeted, “Working on my New Thing. Shooting in Manhattan with the Great @alecbaldwin… New Seiny Gig Update: Always lovable Ricky Gervais and myself shooting today in City Island, NY… Seiny and LD (Larry David) back together again? What could this mean? Here’s a clue: A 1952 VW (Volkswagen).”
CAMERON DIAZ REPORTEDLY REPLACING ANGELINA IN NEW MOVIE: Cameron Diaz is reportedly in “final negotiations” for Ridley Scott’s The Counselor. Deadline.com noted that Angelina Jolie was initially attached to the part, however her thriller Maleficent might have created a scheduling conflict.
‘AVENGERS’ SEQUEL CONFIRMED: Unsurprisingly — there will be a sequel to The Avengers. After the action film grossed a record-breaking $207.4 million domestically in its opening weekend, Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that the company is moving ahead on Avengers 2.
John Travolta’s recent scandal doesn’t appear to be ending anytime soon. Okorie Okorocha, the lawyer representing two men who have accused the actor of sexual battery and harassment, says that more have come forward with similar stories.
Okorocha told People magazine, “There’s a bunch of accusers against Travolta who have similar accusations. Many have contacted me, and I’m still vetting their stories. More defendants might come forward soon.”
The two men who have come forward — both listed under the name John Doe — claim that Travolta acted inappropriately during massage sessions.
Okorocha added that his clients “never wanted this attention” and “wanted to keep this discreet,” but couldn’t reach a settlement with Travolta’s lawyers.
- Travolta’s attorney Marty Singer called the accusations “absurd and ridiculous.” He’s provided news outlets with a photograph and a restaurant receipt that supposedly proves John was in New York on the day that the first masseur claims the actor assaulted him in Los Angeles.