Celebrity Sleaze for Friday 1/25/13

by Mower on January 25, 2013

in Celebrity Sleaze

J.J. ABRAMS TO DIRECT UPCOMING ‘STAR WARS’ FILM: Though he has previously denied his involvement with the franchise, The Wrap is reporting that J.J. Abrams has agreed to direct Star Wars: Episode Seven. Abrams also directed the first two films in the Star Trek reboot.

JAMES CAMERON SUED OVER ‘AVATAR’ AGAIN: James Cameron has been ordered to hand over draft screenplays of his blockbuster film Avatar to be investigated for copyright infringement. A former employee named Eric Ryder claims Cameron stole the idea from a script he wrote called K.R.Z 2068.

HBO RENEWS ‘GIRLS': HBO has renewed Lena Dunham’s Girls for a third season. The show recently took home two Golden Globe awards for Best Actress and Best Comedy Series.

HEIDI MONTAG AND SPENCER PRAT SCORE UK REALITY SHOW: UK’s Daily Mail is reporting that The Hills stars Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt have scored a new reality show where they will poke fun at English traditions. The couple have gotten a lot of attention in the UK for their current gig on Celebrity Big Brother.

PETER FARRELLY TALKS ‘DUMB & DUMBER’ SEQUEL: Peter Farrelly gave fans an update on the status of his planned sequel for Dumb & Dumber. He revealed the tentative title is Dumb & Dumber To and his dream casting would be for Emma Stone and Channing Tatum to be the stars of the film.

VICTORIA BECKHAM TO LAUNCH SHOPPING WEBSITE: Victoria Beckham is hoping to spice up your life by launching a new shopping website in the spring. The site will feature pieces from her various collections in a one-stop virtual shop.

KRISTEN BELL TALKS BIRTHING PLAN TO ELLEN: A very pregnant Kristen Bell stopped by The Ellen Show to promote the new season of her show House of Lies and discussed her plan for her baby’s arrival. She joked, “I feel like when I arrive at the hospital, I want a glass of whiskey, I want the epidural in my back. And I want to get hit in the face with a baseball bat and wake me up when it’s over, because I’ve seen the videos and it looks terrifying.”

LINDSAY LOHAN’S CASE TRANSFERRED TO NEW JUDGE: Lindsay Lohan’s upcoming court date has been transferred to a new judge who is actually a familiar face to Lilo. Judge Stephanie Sautner who presided over Lindsay’s jewelry theft case will also preside over her probation violation hearing. When they last saw each other Sautner told Lindsay, “The only thing you have to do is follow all laws… Live your life in a more mature way, stop the nightclubbing and focus on your work, OK?”

CHRISTIAN BALE CALLS SICK BATMAN FAN: Christian Bale surprised eight-year-old leukemia patient Zach Guillot with a phone call to his hospital room to talk about the boy’s favorite superhero, Batman. The actor told Guillot, “The whole point of the movie is that anybody can be Batman. Anybody can be as strong as that and help people and put good out into the world.”

FORMER ‘TOP MODEL’ INJURED IN FREAK ACCIDENT: Lisa D’Amato, winner of the all-star cycle of America’s Next Top Model was injured in an accident that left her with a broken nose and lacerations on her forehead, lips, and chin. D’Amato was working on a film and fell on her face while horsing around with a crew member who landed on top of her.

Bethenny Frankel’s divorce from Jason Hoppy has reached its first hurdle. Hoppy filed his own court documents to counter the paperwork filed by Bethenny in early January. Jason’s requests seem to challenge Bethenny’s point for point.

TMZ reports that both Frankel and Hoppy are seeking primary custody of their 2-year-old daughter Bryn and wants the other to pay child support. Both members of the estranged couple are also seeking possession of their $5 million Tribeca home and want to be made beneficiaries of each other’s life insurance policies along with Bryn. The website also states that both parties want the other to pay for their dental and medical bills.

  • Jason’s filing also dictates that he wants his former wife to pay for his lawyer, accountant, and other staff that he retains.

Details have emerged of an alleged blackmail plot involving Sylvester Stallone and his half-sister which went down in the 1980s. Toni-Ann Filiti reportedly received millions of dollars from Stallone after she threatened him with false claims of physical abuse.

Documents obtained by Page Six reveal that Sly and Toni-Ann reached a settlement which had the Rambo actor giving her $2 million plus $16,666.66 per month and a $50,000 per year trust to cover her psychiatric and medical expenses. Sources close to the situation say there was no truth to the abuse allegations and Stallone’s mother Jackie said, “This was nothing more than a shakedown. Toni-Ann was on 65 Oxycontin pills a day, and she threatened Sylvester. A drug addict will do anything. When Sylvester became famous, she didn’t have to hook. He was trying to help her. He caved in.”

  • Filiti suffered from lung cancer and passed away last year at the age of 48. Her 19-year-old son Edd told Page Six that his mother is being made out to be the black sheep and that he found out about the abuse when she was screaming about it from her Florida hospital bed.

A class-action lawsuit has been filed against Lance Armstrong and various publishers who put out his books from about 100 angry readers who feel they were victims of fraud and false advertising. One of the plaintiffs on the suit is Rob Stutzman — a PR consultant who used to work for Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The suit asserts that Armstrong and the publishers “knew or should have known these books were works of fiction.” According to USA Today, Stutzman and others say they would have never purchased the books or recommended them to friends if they had known the inspirational story was fabricated. They are seeking financial compensation.

Comments on this entry are closed.