Dittmeyer Suspect To Plead

by Cooper on February 26, 2013

in News

THE NEW HAMPSHIRE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE SAYS THE THIRD AND FINAL SUSPECT IN THE KIDNAPPING AND MURDER OF A BRIDGTON, MAINE WOMAN NEARLY IN 2011 WILL PLEAD GUILTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE CASE AND BE SENTENCED WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

ASSOC. ATTORNEY GENERAL JANE YOUNG – THE LEAD PROSECUTOR IN THE CASE – SAYS MICHAEL PETELIS OF OSSIPEE WILL ENTER HIS PLEA AND BE SENTENCED AT 1 P.M. FEB. 27 (2013) AT CARROLL COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT IN OSSIPEE.

PETELIS WAS ONE OF THREE SUSPECTS ARRESTED AND CHARGED IN CONNECTION WITH THE KIDNAPPING AND MURDER OF KRISTA DITTMEYER IN THE EARLY SPRING OF 2011 – A CASE THAT DREW NATIONAL MEDIA COVERAGE.

IN WHAT PROSECUTORS HAVE PREVIOUSLY REFERRED TO AS A DRUG DEAL GONE WRONG, DITTMEYER – WHO WAS 20 YEARS OLD – WAS ULTIMATELY BOUND AND DUMPED INTO A POND IN NORTH CONWAY.

A SINGLE MOTHER, DITTMEYER’S BABY DAUGHTER WAS FOUND BY CONWAY POLICE ASLEEP IN THE BACK OF HER RUNNING BUT EMPTY CAR A FEW DAYS BEFORE HER BODY WAS PULLED FROM THE POND A SHORT DISTANCE AWAY.

PETELIS, ANTHONY PAPILE OF OSSIPEE AND TREVOR FERGUSON OF TAMWORTH WERE ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE MURDER IN MAY OF 2011.

PAPILE WAS SENTENCED TO 50 YEARS IN PRISON IN 2012 AFTER ADMITTING HE COMMITTED THE MURDER.

FERGUSON IS SERVING A SENTENCE OF NEARLY SIX YEARS AFTER PEADING GUILTY IN 2012 TO TWO FELONY CHARGES – CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ROBBERY AND HINDERING APPREHENSION OR PROSECUTION. FERGUSON ADMITTED TO PICKING UP PAPILE AND DRIVING HIM HOME AFTER PAPILE DUMPED DITTMEYER’S BODY.

YOUNG HASN’T RELEASED DETAILS OF WEDNESDAY’S SENTENCING AND IT’S NOT KNOWN EXACTLY WHAT PLEA DEAL PETELIS HAS MADE WITH PROSECUTORS.

Comments on this entry are closed.