THIS WEEKEND’S TOP TEN MOVIES — APRIL 12-14
- 42, $27.3 million
Scary Movie 5, $15.2 million
The Croods, $13.2 million
G.I. Joe: Retaliation, $10.8 million
Evil Dead, $9.5 million
Jurassic Park in 3-D, $8.8 million
Olympus Has Fallen, $7.3 million
Oz the Great and Powerful, $4.9 million
Tyler Perry’s Temptation, $4.5 million
- The Place Beyond the Pines, $4.1 million
HUGH JACKMAN ATTACKED BY CRAZED FAN: An obsessive fan approached Hugh Jackman at a NYC gym on Saturday (April 13th) hysterically crying before declaring her love for him and throwing an electric razor full of pubic hair at him. Jackman had the woman arrested and claims she has stalked him before — once at his home and again at his daughter’s school.
KIM KARDASHIAN MAY GIVE BIRTH IN PARIS: Rumors are circulating that Kim Kardashian was scoping out a maternity ward at a hospital in Paris while on a trip to the city of lights last week. According to TMZ, she is considering making Paris the birthplace because of their strict anti-paparazzi laws and the fact that Kanye has a “sick pad” there.
‘GLEE’S’ KURT AND BLAINE VOTED TV’S GREATEST COUPLE OF ALL TIME: An Entertainment Weekly poll for TV’s Greatest Couple of All Time has come to an end with Glee’s Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson as the duo that readers chose as their favorite. They bested couples from Doctor Who, How I Met Your Mother, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Sex and the City for the title.
DONALD TRUMP’S 7-YEAR-OLD SON USES CAVIAR FACE MOISTURIZER: Melania Trump revealed to ABC News that her and Donald’s 7-year-old son Barron enjoys using her line of Caviar Complex C6 skin moisturizer. She said, “It smells very, very fresh. I put it on him from head to toe. He likes it!” Melania added, “He’s not a sweatpants child. He doesn’t mind putting on a suit — but not every day — and he likes to dress up in a tie sometimes like Daddy.”
LAPD TO STOP REPORTING SWATTING PRANKS TO THE MEDIA: The Los Angeles Police Department has decided to stop making public announcements every time a celebrity swatting incident occurs. Commander Andrew Smith told the L.A. Times, “It’s our belief that the perpetrators of these false police reports are motivated entirely by the publicity these calls receive. We intend to reduce or eliminate that motivation.”
‘VERONICA MARS’ MOVIE BREAKS ANOTHER KICKSTARTER RECORD: The Veronica Mars movie kickstarter has officially become the most-supported project in the history of Kickstarter.com. Over 88,000 people have contributed to the film’s fundraising page and pooled together over $5.5 million.
‘GLEE’ CASTS TWO TV VETERANS FOR SEASON FOUR FINALE: Family Ties star Meredith Baxter and Patty Duke have inked a deal to guest star on Glee as a lesbian couple who become mentors for Kurt and Blaine. The two actors were personally recruited for the roles and will first appear in the season four finale.
ASHLEY JUDD IN TALKS FOR ‘DIVERGENT': Rumored political hopeful Ashley Judd is reportedly in talks to join the cast of Divergent — the latest young adult book series to be adapted to the big screen. Shailene Woodley is also set to star in the film which will hit theaters in 2014.
ZACH GALIFIANAKIS TO HOST ‘SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE': Hangover star Zach Galifianakis has been tapped to host Saturday Night Live for the May 4th episode. The musical guest will be Of Monsters and Men.
PATRICK DUFFY WANTS A ‘STEP BY STEP’ REUNION: Dallas star Patrick Duffy has revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that he would like to reunite the cast of his TGIF show Step by Step. He told the website, “I would love to work with on-screen wife Suzanne Somers again. The Step By Step cast was so wonderful to be with. They were my family and I think a little two-hour special about where these people are — not a documentary, but actually doing a show — seeing where they all come to over the years. It would be so fun to play that goofy Frank Lambert character again, aging another 25 years.”
Celebrities At Coachella
The 14th annual Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is underway and as thousands of music lovers invade Indio, California for two weekends of festivities, some of Hollywood’s biggest names are joining in on the fun. Everyone from Victoria’s Secret models to teen actors made the pilgrimage to the first two days of the festival over the weekend (April 12th – April 14th.)
Despite performances from big names like The Lumineers and Phoenix, celebrity attendees like Lindsay Lohan, Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have been getting a lot of the attention.
- Kristen was reportedly celebrating her 23rd birthday by checking out some of the festival’s offerings whill getting cozy with Rob.
- Lindsay took in the festival with her 16-year-old brother Cody and 19-year-old sister Ali after insisting to friends that she planned to stay sober for the weekend.
- Other high-profile guests included Paris and Nicky Hilton, Francesca and Clint Eastwood, Danny DeVito and Melanie Griffith, Carrie Diaries star AnnaSophia Robb, and even Leonardo DiCaprio.
MTV Movie Awards
Although it was an evening dedicated to celebrating the year’s most entertaining films, Sunday’s (April 14th) MTV Movie Awards acted more as a showcase for the comedic talents of host Rebel Wilson. Rebel’s one-liners throughout the evening kept the night rolling on with plenty of laughs and OMG moments.
As far as the awards go, the big winner of the evening was Marvel’s The Avengers. The Avengers took home three awards including Best Villain, Best Fight, and the coveted Movie of the Year. Samuel L. Jackson took the stage not only for those awards but to accept the Shocking Moment award alongside Jamie Foxx for Django Unchained.
Fans also showed a lot of love for Silver Linings Playbook by voting for Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence for Male Performance, Female Performance, and Best Kiss. Unfortunately Jennifer was not at the show.
However, the part of the evening viewers seemed most eager for came at the end with the premiere of the teaser trailer for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire introduced by Liam Hemsworth.
- Rebel’s opening with James Franco which featured some hilarious quotes including:
“I’m on a sit-about…it’s kind of like a walk-about but there’s no cardio.”
“The only thing I’ve hosted was this parasitic worm…I’m still not sure which hole it came out of.”
- Rebel taking a page out of the Billy Crystal book of hosting by editing herself into a few of the year’s biggest movies including Les Miserables, Life of Pi, and Magic Mike.
- Emma Watson winning the trailblazer award. Her speech about growing up in front of the camera was sweet and endearing — completely reaffirming why everyone loves her.
- Snoop Dogg and Ke$ha smoking a blunt on stage while presenting Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. For some reason those two didn’t seem like a total mismatch.
- Rebel’s koala cam bit which ran a little long but showing that there was large selection of booze inside of Quvenzhane Wallis’ kitty purse.
- Drunk Aubrey Plaza rushed the stage to try and steal Will Ferrell’s Comedic Genius Award.
- The Fast and the Furious cast pointing out that they were on that same stage 11 years ago to promote the first Fast and the Furious film.
- Quvenzhane’s mother covering her face when Seth Rogan and Danny McBride dropped their pants.
- Jamie Foxx announcing to the world that his daughter is single and that he doesn’t approve of her outfit while accepting the Generation Award.
- Movie of the Year: The Avengers
- Best Female Performance: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
- Best Male Performance: Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
- Breakthrough Performance: Rebel Wilson, Pitch Perfect
- Best Shirtless Performance: Taylor Lautner, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2
- Best Fight: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner vs. Tom Hiddleston, The Avengers
- Best Kiss: Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
- Best WTF Moment: Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson, “Candieland Gets Smoked” in Django Unchained
- Best Villain: Tom Hiddleston, The Avengers
- Best Musical Moment: Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Anna Camp, Brittany Snow, Alexis Knapp, Ester Dean and Hana Mae Lee, Pitch Perfect
- Best Hero: Martin Freeman, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- The Trailblazer Award: Emma Watson
- The Generation Award: Jamie Foxx
- The Comedic Genius Award: Will Ferrell
- Cast of Pitch Perfect: Mashup of Miley Cyrus’ “The Climb”, Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”, Alicia Keys’ “Girl on Fire”, and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Thriftshop”
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: “Can’t Hold Us”
- Selena Gomez: “Come and Get It”