On Thursday, Cooper and Mary talked about the supposed recipe for coke selling for $15 million on eBay.
Bea Arthur Painting Sells For Nearly $2 million
A topless painting of actress Bea Arthur sold for nearly $2 million at a Christie’s auction in Manhattan on Wednesday night (May 15). The Golden Girls star did not pose for the controversial painting, created in 1991 by artist John Currin. Critics of “Bea Arthur Naked” have blasted the painting, calling it sexist and misogynistic while other argue that it is actually a feminist statement about confidence and age. The painting was purchased over the phone by an anonymous bidder for $1.9 million. (NY Post)
What Would You Do If You Won Powerball?
The Powerball jackpot soared on Thursday (May 16th) to $550 million after there was no winner in Wednesday’s $360 million drawing. The $550 million jackpot is the second largest in Powerball history and third biggest overall, and officials expect it to keep growing before Saturday’s (May 18th) drawing, which could break Powerball’s November 2012 record of $587.5 million. What would you spend the money on? Here are some suggestions…
- Ever wanted your own island? A 12.60-acre island in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Caribbean has a sale price of only $10 million, a 75-acre island in the Philippines sells for a mere $3.4 million, and a 24-acre island in Montana goes for $59.5 million
- You could build a luxurious house on those islands for an easy $2 million in the Carribbean , $1.5 million in Montana , and go all out in the Phillipines for $12 million .
- You can purchase a 737 MAX 9 Jet for $107.3 million to haul you and your family to your new island
- If you’d rather go by boat, you can buy the 15th most expensive yacht listed at $150 million
- You could score a top nanny for your child for just under $200,000 per year
- You can staff a household manager for $800,000 per year
- A full-time private chef can cost you about $150,000 per year
- You could hire New York’s most expensive personal trainer, David Kirsh, for $500 per session.
- You can eat the world’s most expensive dessert, The Frrrozen Haute Chocolate, for $25,000 or a tasty FleurBurger 5000 for $5,000.
- If you’re more of a bagel fan, try the most expensive bagel at the Westin Hotel New York for $1,000.
- You could buy the world’s most expensive helicopter, the AugustaWestland AW101 VVIP, for $21 million
- And if you find yourself feeling a bit tired after spending all of your money, you can treat yourself to the most expensive Starbucks drink, a Quadriginoctuple Frap, for $47.50.
- Or, if an island doesn’t fit your fancy, were you a big fan of space and aliens as a child? You could take a trip to the moon for a cool $100 million
Would You Eat a Cicada?
With cicadas currently emerging from the ground in the eastern part of the country for their every 17 years appearance, some adventurous chefs are readying to serve them up on a plate. Like most insects, cicadas are a good source of protein, and Gene Kritsky, a biologist and cicada expert at the College of Mount St. Joseph in Cincinnati, told National Geographic that the bugs have a green, asparagus-like flavor, especially when eaten raw or boiled, although most people like them died friend and dipped in a sauce. They’re best eaten newly-hatched, just after they break open their skin, before their exoskeleton turns black and hard.