Celebrity Sleaze for Tuesday 2.4.14

by Cooper on February 4, 2014

in Celebrity Sleaze

 

 

CAMERON DIAZ HIRED TO FIX SHOE COLLECTION: Cameron Diaz is an actor, author, and now fashion designer. The Other Woman star has signed on as artistic director of Pour La Victoire and is prepping the launch of her first footwear collection. Women’s Wear Daily is reporting that the 41-year-old was brought on to “refine” and “pare down” the line. She explained, “When I first came to PLV, I saw the potential in it because it was a brand that didn’t really have its own identity. It was a little bit all over the place. I looked at it as an opportunity to help create that.” According to E!, Cameron is not expected to be featured in any of the marketing materials nor will her name appear on any of their products.

DISNEY IS BEING PETITIONED TO HAVE PLUS-SIZE PRINCESS: A high school student from Virginia has launched a change.org petition asking Disney to make plus-size princesses in their movies. The request reads, “I made this petition because I’m a plus-size young woman, and I know many plus-size girls and women who struggle with confidence and need a positive plus-size character in the media. Studies show that a child’s confidence correlates greatly with how much representation they have in the media. It’s extremely difficult to find a positive representation of plus-size females in the media.” The petition has already received over 14,000 supporters.

FUTURE OF PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN’S UPCOMING SHOWTIME SERIES IS UNCERTAIN: An upcoming Showtime series called Happyish that had Philip Seymour Hoffman attached to the lead role may not end up moving forward. A source told E! News, “It is hard to imagine a way in which it could go on. His role would have to be recast and there weren’t any other actors in serious consideration aside from Philip. If the show does move forward, the premiere would be delayed as pilot would need to be reshot.” Showtime released a statement on Sunday (February 2nd) after news of his death first broke saying, “Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of our generation’s finest and most brilliant actors. He was also a gifted comedic talent. It was a great privilege and pleasure to work with him and we are all absolutely devastated by this sudden loss. Our thoughts go out to his family at this very difficult time.”

SCOTT BAKULA JOINS ‘NCIS’ SPIN-OFF: Former Quantum Leap and Star Trek: Enterprise star Scott Bakula has nabbed the lead role in an upcoming NCIS spin-off set in New Orleans. Scott will play Agent Pride who is described as “the embodiment of New Orleans” and “driven by the new to do what’s right with warmth, passion, strength, and humor.”

‘ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK’ CREATOR DISCUSSES LAURA PREPON’S FUTURE: Despite rumors last year that Laura Prepon would be exiting Orange Is the New Black during season two, series creator Jenji Kohan recently chatted about the actress’ future with the hit series. Kohan told Us Weekly, “Yes, yes, she is coming back. Not for the whole season, but…you’ll see her for most of it.” Netflix has still not announced when the second season of the show will be premiering.

 

LEONARDO DICAPRIO EXPLAINS WHY HE AVOIDS DRUGS: Leonardo DiCaprio credits his upbringing in a poor neighborhood for keeping him away from drugs while rising to fame in Hollywood. The actor recently told the L.A. Times, “I had a major prostitution ring on my street corner, crime and violence everywhere. It really was like Taxi Driver in a lot of ways…I grew up very poor and I got to see the other side of the spectrum. I’ve never done drugs because I saw this stuff literally every day when I was 3 or 4 years old. So Hollywood was a walk in the park for me…I’d go to parties and it was there, and yeah, there’s that temptation.”

EVA MENDES SPARKS FALSE PREGNANCY RUMORS: Eva Mendes unintentionally sparked rumors that she was pregnant on Monday (February 3rd) after she refused to go through the body scanners at LAX and supposedly used being pregnant as an excuse. A rep for the actress denied that she made any reference to a pregnancy and explained, “She has never gone through the scanners at the airport; she has always elected to be hand-checked instead.”

CORBIN BLEU DISCUSSES BIRACIAL RACISM AND BEING THE ‘TOKEN BLACK’ ACTOR: High School Musical actor Corbin Bleu revealed on a recent episode of Oprah: Where Are They Now? that he dealt with a lot of bullying growing up because he is from a mixed race family. He explained, “The whole bullying thing is a very important thing for me. I remember growing up and having so many kids ask, ‘Wait, so what are you?’ I identify with my Italian culture, I identify with my Jamaican culture. Of course, in society, I am considered ‘black’.” The 24-year-old went on to discuss experiencing similar issues in Hollywood saying, “Even in the industry, it drives me crazy that you need to have the ‘token black’ or it needs to be a project that’s just all-black. I want us to get to a point that you don’t see the colors anymore. We’re all going to be beige.”

KRISTEN BELL CALLS OUT ‘PEOPLE’ FOR EMPLOYING THE ‘PEDORAZZI': Kristen Bell and her husband, Dax Shepard, are on a crusade to end the habit of magazines buying photos of celebrity kids and have recently set their sights on People magazine. The House of Lies star tweeted at the magazine on Saturday (February 1st,) “dear @peoplemag -scaring & harassing kids isn’t “entertainment news”. pls agree to stop using #pedorazzi shots. #nokidspolicy RT IF U AGREE.” She added, “i apologize 2 those who must be annoyed all my tweets relate to the #pedorazzi. i feel strongly on this issue & really want to see change.” The new mom explained her reason for going after People on Monday (February 3rd) saying, “i targeted @peoplemag b/c i believe they’re good ppl. they’re better than their trashy weekly counterparts. they are a quality ent mag. They often print REAL stories abt REAL ppl who actually deserve to be news. But they need a nudge in the right direction. .@peoplemag, we don’t wanna see pics procured by harassing kids. We want a policy of ONLY authorized photos if minors! -your readers”

ASHTON KUTCHER AND MILA KUNIS ATTEND HIS BROTHER’S WEDDING: Mila Kunis accompanied Ashton Kutcher to the wedding of his twin brother in St. Simon Island, Georgia over the weekend. The ceremony was held at a private home in front of family and friends. A source told E! News that Mila “looked like part of the family” and added, “Overall, it appeared everyone had a great time.” The couple was spotted at the airport the following day heading home from the festivities while wearing matching navy blue jackets.

 

Jared Padalecki’s Insensitive Tweet About Philip Seymour Hoffman

While many celebrities tweeted their condolences over the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman on Sunday (February 2nd,) Supernatural star Jared Padalecki found himself in hot water after writing that the death was not as a sad as it was “stupid” and “senseless.” The 31-year-old actor eventually deleted his message and later tried to clear the air about what he wrote.

According to Jezebel, Jared initially posted, “‘Sad’ isn’t the word I’d use to describe a 46-year-old man throwing his life away to drugs. ‘Senseless’ is more like it. ‘Stupid.'” After some people called him out for being thoughtless, Padalecki amended his words saying, “I didn’t mean PSH is stupid or that addiction isn’t a reality. I simply meant I have a different definition of “tragedy”. When I think “tragedy”, I think of St Jude’s, of genocide, of articles I read in the paper. But, yes, either way, a death, is sad.”

  • TMZ is reporting that police believe the 46-year-old actor died from injecting a deadly strain of heroin that has apparently killed off dozens of people on the East Coast since last month sometimes called “Theraflu”, “Bud Ice”, and “24K.” There were allegedly 50 bags found at the Oscar-winner’s apartment.

 

The Queen Weighs In On Kate Middleton’s Apparel

Kate Middleton’s upcoming tour of Australia with Prince William just got a bit stricter style-wise. According to the UK’s Daily Mail, Queen Elizabeth II has issued some rules regarding her wardrobe during the trip in April.

Kate is reportedly expected to wear dresses with lower hemlines and don the tiaras worn by the Queen and Queen Mother hand-picked by Her Majesty’s personal dresser, Angela Kelly. A palace source revealed, “Angela has been asked to start selecting jewels ahead of the trip. This trip will be about Kate appearing more Royal than ever — you can expect to see a lot more tiaras and the Queen will be watching closely. She knows most of the pieces in the Queen’s private collection. Her understanding is crucial because this trip will be about Kate appearing more Royal than ever — you can expect to see a lot more tiaras and the Queen will be watching closely.”

  • Middleton is also supposedly working with designers Alexander McQueen and Alice Temperly to create gowns and other outfits for the visit down under.

Comments on this entry are closed.