EVA LONGORIA JOINS NEW HORROR PROJECT: Eva Longoria has been added to the cast of a new horror film called Visions. Isla Fisher, Anson Mount, and Community’s Gillian Jacobs are already signed to co-star with Fisher in the lead role as a pregnant woman who moves to the countryside with her husband where she is plagued by visions of a sinister hooded figure. Eva will play Isla’s gal pal from the city. Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons is also in talks to join the project.
LEGENDARY COMEDIAN SID CAESAR HAS DIED: Veteran comedian Sid Caesar has passed away at the age of 91. Sid became a household name in the 1950s with his live variety shows Your Show of Shows and Caesar’s Hour. Famous performers and writers from his shows included Carl Reiner, Woody Allen, Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, and many others. Reiner released a statement to The Hollywood Reporter saying, “Inarguably he was the greatest single monologist and skit comedian we ever had. Television owes him a debt of gratitude for his pioneering work and the great shows he gave us all. Render onto Caesar what is his due. He deserves real applause from the American people.”
FOX ORDERS WILL FORTE PILOT TO SERIES: Fox has given a series order to Will Forte’s comedy The Last Man on Earth. Forte will write and executive produce the show with producing partners Phil Lord and Chris Miller. The project centers on two strangers who must overcome their differences to work together to ensure the survival of the human race. It is expected to premiere midseason on the 2014-2015 schedule.
CONNIE BRITTON SHOOTS DOWN THE ‘FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS’ MOVIE: Fans hoping for a new film adaptation of the Friday Night Lights TV series should stop holding their breath. Connie Britton recently told E! News that now that executive producer Peter Berg has said it’s a no go, people need to just accept it. She explained, “I really don’t think it’s going to happen. That is where the decision had to come from. Everybody needs to stop asking about that movie. We all just have to move on.
JOHN SINGLETON HAS SIGNED ON TO DIRECT TUPAC BIOPIC: Boyz In The Hood director John Singleton is set to direct a Tupac Shakur biopic which will start filming this season. Singleton said in a statement, “Tupac was the guy who I planned to do a lifetime of films with. His passing deeply affected my life…As well as countless people in this world…His life story is as important to my generation.” The rapper acted in John’s 1993 film Poetic Justice.
BRUCE JENNER WANTS TO BE YOUNG AGAIN: Sources close to the Kardashian/Jenner family are slamming reports that Bruce Jenner wants to be a woman and insist that he just wants to feel young again. One insider told People, “He totally has this ‘I may be an old man, but I’m cool and young too’ syndrome and no one can tell him otherwise. Everything in the end of his marriage just became too much for him and his freedom is really liberating. He wanted to grow his hair long, so he did it. He wants to get manicures, so he gets them.” The sources added, “People in the family have brought up his hair or his clothes, whatever it is and how absurd they think it is, but Bruce doesn’t care, nor does he want to listen to any kind of criticism. He thinks he looks great and cool and that’s that. But at the end of the day, however ridiculous people may think he looks, he’s happy about it — or at least trying to find what he’s happy with — so you really can’t blame the guy for that.”
SARAH SILVERMAN’S RUMORED NEW BEAU: Comedian Sarah Silverman is rumored to be dating Masters of Sex star Michael Sheen. The pair was spotted last week reportedly getting hot and heavy out in West Hollywood. A witness told Us Weekly, “They were making out at Soho House. They were all over each other for a lot of the night.” Sarah and Michael first sparked rumors of a relationship when they arrived to and left his 45th birthday party together on February 5th.
DYLAN PENN ENDS RELATIONSHIP WITH VAMPIRE DIARIES ACTOR: Dylan Penn has reportedly ended her romance with Vampire Diaries actor Steven R. McQueen. Sources say that there was no real reason for the split aside from the fact that things just fizzled out. They were first seen out together back in November having dinner with her father, Sean Penn, and Mad Men star Jon Hamm. They were also seen engaging in some PDA at Sean’s Help Haiti Home Gala in Beverly Hills last month.
TABLOID APOLOGIZES FOR FAKE JENNIFER LAWRENCE STORY: OK! magazine has issued an apology for a false story that Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult are engaged. The statement reads, “OK! magazine has issued an apology for completely falsifying a cover story claiming that Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult were engaged over the Christmas holiday, in front of her family, and with a $250,000 engagement ring. Not only was the basis of this cover story completely fabricated but it is in fact the second time in three months that OK! has published a false story of an engagement between the two parties. The fictional scenario described in the cover story, without ever checking with a representative of Lawrence or Hoult, was recklessly published to sell gossip magazines.”
JILL ZARIN OPENS UP ABOUT HER ‘REAL HOUSEWIVES’ DEPARTURE: Jill Zarin recently filmed a segment for Oprah: Where Are They Now? where the former Bravo reality star discussed her departure from the Real Housewives of New York after four seasons with the show. Zarin explained, “This is what nobody knows. This is really the truth: One night…I think I took a sleeping pill and I typed out an email to my ‘Real Housewives’ producer and three out of the five housewives. I said, ‘I’m leaving the show. I want to leave on a high. I’m in a good place right now.’ I kind of got cold feet the next day. So, when I got the phone call from my production company, I knew.” Jill goes on to say that she still is unclear about why they let her go but adds, “At the time, I was told that they thought the show had gone so dark that it couldn’t recover and that they needed to change the cast. I don’t think the fans agreed.”
Paula Deen Attempts Comeback
Paula Deen may have lost many of her corporate sponsors last year after her racism scandal but one man seems to think she is still a bankable star. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that a Phoenix-based investment company is attempting to revive the career of the disgraced celebrity chef by fronting a hefty sum of money to make it happen.
Jahm Najafi, owner of SkyMall, Book of the Month Club, and Columbia House, has allegedly put up $75 million to get Paula going again. The money will reportedly go toward Deen’s new company, Paula Deen Ventures. Nafaji revealed to the newspaper that he intends to move Paula away from “a pure licensing model, in which she sells her likeness and expertise to others.” A rep for the company claims that they are currently “in talks with undisclosed TV networks, retail chains and other possible partners.”
- Jahm also argued that he doesn’t see his investment as a risk because the chef’s existing products like her magazine and Springer Mountain Chickens have recently seen a growth in sales.
- Paula has been greeted by cheering crowds while making public appearances in Houston and Buffalo in recent months
Hugh Jackman To Host Tony Awards
Wolverine is making his way back to the Tony stage. Hugh Jackman posted a video to his Instagram account on Tuesday (February 11th) to announce that he will once again take over hosting duties for the Broadway awards show.
The 45-year-old tells his fans, “I couldn’t wait another minute. I wanted you to be the first to know. This year, I am going to be hosting the Tony Awards. See you then!” Hugh ends the post by blowing a kiss to everyone.
- Jackman hosted the show three years in a row from 2004-2006 and won an Emmy for the 2005 show.
- Neil Patrick Harris has been the Tony Awards host for the past three years and in 2009.
- The 68th Annual Tony Awards will air live on CBS on June 8th. The network released a statement saying, “We’re thrilled to have Hugh Jackman return to host the Tony Awards. He’s the ultimate triple threat — actor, singer, dancer — he does it all, second to none.”