Pine Tree Teacher In The Running For New HampshireTeacher Of The Year
The district has a semifinalist for New Hampshire Teacher of the Year for 2015.
According to the Conway Daily Sun, Pine Tree School principal Aimee Frechette informed the Conway School Board Monday that Matthew Liebenow, who teaches physical education at Pine Tree, is nominated for the prestigious award and has made it through the cuts all the way to the current semifinal round. There are eight semifinalists from across the Granite State.
Officials from the New Hampshire Department of Education visited Pine Tree on Monday, interviewing students and staff, Frechette and assistant superintendent Kevin Richard along with observing Liebenow in the classroom during the three-hour visit. The teacher of the year will be announced in September.
Some of the opportunities as Teacher of the Year include:
• Attend National Teacher of the Year Conference in Arizona (January)
• Address the N.H. State Board of Education (March)
• Attend national Teacher of the Year announcement ceremonies in Washington, DC (April)
• Attend Education Commission of the States (ECS) National Forum (June)
• Attend Space Camp (July)
• Attend national Teacher of the Year next-steps conference (September)
• Technology from SMARTer Kids Foundation
Joseph Lee, a social studies teacher at Pinkerton Academy in Derry, is the 2014 New Hampshire Teacher of the Year.