DAVID BECKHAM JOINS PRINCE WILLIAM’S CHARITY: David Beckham has been named as an ambassador for Prince William’s organization, United for Wildlife. The pair united to launch a new campaign by signing a sports jersey and spreading the hashtag #WhoseSideAreYouOn? United for Wildlife works to stop illegal poaching. Prince Harry is also an ambassador.
NASIM PEDRAD MAY BE DONE WITH ‘SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE’: Nasim Pedrad’s commitment to her new Fox series Mulaney may keep her from being a part of the Saturday Night Live next season. While discussing the show at a panel at the ATX Television Festival over the weekend, the comedian said, “I haven’t heard any official word so far, but I love this show so much. I have an apartment in L.A. and, as far as I know, I’m in L.A. now.” Nasim also went on to say that if there were a way to do both, she would but added, “I think we’re all in with his show.”
MTV RENEWS ‘FAKING IT’: MTV has ordered more of their freshman series Faking It. It has been the network’s highest-rated new show this year. Programming president, Susanne Daniels said in a statement, “Faking It has proved to be the perfect companion show to Awkward. We’re excited about Carter Covington’s delicious plans for season two.” No date has been set for the start of the 10-episode second season.
BRYAN SINGER MAY LOSE ‘X-MEN’ DIRECTORS GIG: Sources are telling Radar Online that the sexual abuse allegations may cost Bryan Singer his gig as director of the next X-Men installment. An insider told the website, “Fox isn’t confident in it not heavily impacting production. Bryan’s lawyers are going nuts because the deal was closed months ago. They don’t really care whether he’s innocent or guilty — they’re only concerned with the bottom line, which is giving him another $250 to $350 million to make Apocalypse. There have been talks about who else he’d let direct it, with him producing, but those led to heated arguments and walk outs.” The source added, “Even if Bryan doesn’t direct the film, he’s still going to get a major payout because the deal with them was made final months ago.”
‘INSURGENT’ NABS ‘PARENTHOOD’ ACTRESS: Parenthood actress Rosa Salazar has been cast in the Divergent sequel, Insurgent. She will be playing Lynn — one of the Dauntless-born initiates who is described as beautiful and sports a shaved head. Insurgent will be released on March 20th, 2015. Rosa previously played a pregnant girl named Zoe on NBC’s Parenthood.
HALLE BERRY HIT UP FOR CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS: An L.A. judge has settled the custody dispute between Halle Berry and her baby daddy Gabriel Aubry. The actress will now have to pay $16,000 a month in child support to her ex. Halle will also be making a retroactive payment of $115,000 in addition to $300,000 in his attorney fees. The couple first split up back in 2010.
SANDRA BULLOCK GRANTED TEMPORARY PROTECTIVE ORDER FROM BURGLAR: Sandra Bullock has been granted an emergency protective order from Joshua Corbett — the man who was arrested for burglary at her L.A. home on Sunday (June 8th.) Sources tell Today that he may have kept a diary about Bullock after he was taken into custody for breaking into her home and rummaging through her belongings. Although Sandra was home at the time with her four-year-old son Louis, her rep said at the time, “She is unharmed and is fine.”
NAYA RIVERA DELETES TWITTER ACCOUNT: Naya Rivera seems to be making an attempt to start fresh by ditching her Twitter account. Following several months of bad press and rumors she was fired from Glee, the 27-year-old’s @NayaRivera account is no longer active. She remains active on Instagram and has been posting photos this week. Naya is currently working as a director for a new PSA.
‘FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS’ REUNION AT ATX TELVISION FESTIVAL: Several cast members of NBC’s Friday Night Lights reunited over the weekend at the ATX Television Festival for a special screening of an episode and a surprise appearance by an unannounced guest. Adrianne Palicki, Derek Phillips, Louanne Stephens and Katherine Willis were all expected at the event but Taylor Kitsch surprised the crowd when he showed up to the event. TooFab is reporting that the mini cast reunion was “a lot of drinking, reminiscing and, of course, talk of those buzzed about potential movie rumors.”
ANNA PAQUIN VOICES HER SUPPORT FOR MARRIAGE EQUALITY: True Blood star Anna Paquin took to Twitter on Sunday to show her support for LGBT rights during L.A. pride. She wrote, “Proud to be a happily married bisexual mother. Marriage is about love not gender.” Anna also retweeted a number of pro-LGBT messages from other people. She first came out as bisexual back in 2011 and is married to co-star Stephen Moyer.
Tracy Morgan Update
Despite reports, a rep for Tracy Morgan says that his leg will not be amputated. According to TMZ, the comedian’s rep said, “Rumors about his leg are completely fabricated.” Tracy remains in critical condition, but “more responsive” in the hospital after this weekend’s car crash in New Jersey, which left comedian James “Jimmy Mack” McNair dead.
Tracy’s rep said that they are working closely with the hospital staff to share more details about the surgery to his broken leg, saying, “This recovery will be arduous and we hope that you can be patient during this difficult time.”
Tracy’s rep says that he is expected to stay in the hospital for weeks.
- Meanwhile, RadarOnline has reported that authorities say that Kevin Roper, the truck driver who caused the collision went without sleep for more than 24 hours at the time of the crash. He was not, however sleeping or dozing at the time of the crash.
- Roper — a driver for Wal-Mart, is due to make a court appearance tomorrow (June 11th). He’s been charged with one count of death by auto, as well as four counts of assault by auto, in the fatal crash. Je is free on $50,000 bond.
Barbara Walters First Post-View Interview
Barbara Walters will be taking a little break from retired life for a new interview on a special edition of 20/20. The award-winning journalist has landed a sit-down with Peter Rodger – father of Santa Barbara shooting suspect, Elliot Rodger.
ABC announced on Monday (June 9th) that Barbara will be discussing his son’s killing spree at University of California Santa Barbara that left 6 people dead, and 13 injured before he ended his own life. The conversation is also expected to cover the 22-year-old’s manifesto revealing his hatred toward women he believed had rejected him.
- Neither of Elliot’s parents has spoken publicly about the event aside from a brief statement shared by a family saying, “We are crying in pain for the victims and their families. It breaks our hearts on a level that we didn’t think possible. The feeling of knowing that it was our son’s actions that caused the tragedy can only be described as hell on earth.”
- Peter was an assistant director on the first Hunger Games film.
- Barbara retired from day-to-day journalism in May after making her final appearance as co-host on The View.