EMMA ROBERTS JOINS ‘FEBRUARY’ WITH KIERNAN SHIPKA: Emma Roberts has signed on to co-star alongside Kiernan Shipka in a new thriller called February. According to The Wrap, the movie tells the story of Joan, Rose and Kat. As Joan makes her way across a frozen landscape to reach the other two, stranded at a prestigious boarding school, Kat becomes increasingly plagued with visions and evil forces. The project is being pitched to buyers at the Toronto Film Festival in September.
‘THE GOOD WIFE’ WELCOMES DAVID HYDE PIERCE: David Hyde Pierce has been cast in the upcoming season of CBS’ The Good Wife. According to E! News, “Pierce will appear in episode seven of the legal drama and play a highly respected cable news legal commentator who is so disgusted by the corruption and murder rate in Chicago that he decides to run for office in order to affect change.” This is his first major TV gig since Frasier ended in 2004.
NETFLIX NABS RIGHTS TO ‘THE BLACKLIST’: Netflix has made a deal to cough up big bucks for the rights to NBC’s The Blacklist. The company will be paying $2 million per episode for the drama which kicks off its second season in the fall. The first season of the show is expected to be made available for streaming next weekend.
SHONDA RHIMES IS HEADING TO ‘THE MINDY PROJECT’: Scandal creator Shonda Rhimes will be stepping in front of the camera to do a guest appearance on The Mindy Project. The only details currently known about the gig is that she will be playing herself in an episode airing this fall. Shonda has professed her love for the show in the past. She tweeted back in March, “Am so happy that The Mindy Project was renewed! I would be so mad if I couldn’t watch my show. Congrats, @mindykaling!”
A&E CANCELS ‘LONGMIRE’: A&E has decided to pull the plug on Longmire, the network’s most-watched original drama series of all time. The decision has been made to bring the show back for a fourth season. The network released a statement saying, “We would like to thank the phenomenal cast, crew and producers of Longmire, along with our partners at Warner Horizon, for their tireless work on three seasons of quality dramatic storytelling. We are incredibly proud of what we have achieved together.” The studio who produces the show has revealed they plan to shop it around to other outlets.
BLAKE LIVELY ATTACKED BY BEES: Blake Lively reveals in a new post on her lifestyle website that she was attacked by a swarm of bees prior to her 27th birthday on Monday (August 25th.) She wrote, “Just yesterday, the final day of the shoot, I felt an electric shock of energy –was it excitement that I was about to turn another year older? Was it nerves? Why did it feel like agony? I like getting older…I think. But this felt terrible. Does your butt quite suddenly (and painfully) deflate when you turn 27? Because mine hurt like hell…then my neck, back, legs and forehead. And oh my hands! They were shriveling. It felt like I was being shot by dozens of tiny invisible darts. I felt like the Wicked Witch, melting, melting, burning, melting. As it happens, I wasn’t being greeted by the onset of spontaneous aging, but rather a full-fledged bee day. Attacked. All over. Everywhere.” Blake continued, “It wasn’t until I covered the counters in coordinating candy sprinkles that I stopped to acknowledge: my butt will deflate more and more, my hands will shrivel and permanently prune, but I will never, ever grow up. It took a swarm of bees to remind me that a b-day is nothing but a number. Each day I choose my age. Today it’s 27, going on 2. How old will you bee today?”
TRACY MORGAN’S LAWYER OFFERS HEALTH UPDATE: Tracy Morgan’s lawyer, Benedict P. Morelli, has released a new statement to People offering an update on the comedian’s health since his car accident in June. Benedict said, “He’s really having a tough time. He’s making incremental progress. But they’ll have to wait another month before they assess him cognitively.” Tracy has been undergoing therapy at his home since his release from a facility in July. The crash took the life of Tracy’s friend and fellow comedian James “Jimmy Mack” McNair. The 30 Rock star suffered traumatic brain injuries, a broken leg, and facial fractures from the crash.
COREY FELDMAN SETTLES DIVORCE: Corey Feldman has finalized his divorce from his wife Susannah. They had been separated since 2009. He will be responsible for paying $750 a month in child support for their 10-year-old son. Susannah has agreed to give up the Feldman name and go back to her maiden name, Sprague.
CHLOE GRACE MORETZ HITS UP ED SHEERAN CONCERT WITH BROOKLYN BECKHAM: Relationship rumors continue to heat up for Chloe Grace Moretz and Brooklyn Beckham after they were seen attending the Ed Sheeran concert together in L.A. on Wednesday (August 27th.) This is the third public event they attended together. Brooklyn recently supported Chloe at the premiere for her new film, If I Stay, and they were both at the Young Hollywood Awards but walked the red carpet separately. Their romance is believed to have started back in May.
ROBERT DOWNEY JR’S SON GETS COURT DATE POSTPONED: Indio Downey, son of Robert Downey Jr., has had his court date postponed while he is getting treatment at a rehab facility. The 20-year-old was initially expected to appear before the judge on Thursday (August 27th) to face charges of possession from his arrest back in June. Police officers in L.A. observed him smoking something suspicious in his vehicle before searching his car and finding a controlled substance as well as drug paraphernalia. He is expected back in court next month.
Joan Rivers Scare
Joan Rivers is currently in stable but critical condition after experiencing complications during throat surgery on Thursday morning (August 28th.)
A source told E! News, “They were putting a scope down her throat to check her vocal cords. She stopped breathing. This was not major surgery.” Joan was sedated for the procedure but it is not currently known what drug was given to her. The NY Daily News is reporting that she has been placed under a medically induced coma and is expected to remain that way until this weekend when they will reportedly assess the damage that was done while she was deprived of oxygen.
- She is currently being treated in the ICU of Mt. Sinai hospital in New York City.
- A rep for the hospital released a statement saying, “This morning, Joan Rivers was taken to The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, where she is being attended to. Her family wants to thank everybody for their outpouring of love and support. We will provide an update on her condition as it becomes available.”
- Melissa Rivers and her son Cooper took an early flight to be by her mother’s side.
- Witnesses say that the 81-year-old appeared to be in good condition during promotional appearances for her book, Diary of a Mad Diva.
Angelina And Brad Get Married
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have made it official! After years of will they or won’t they speculation, it has been confirmed by a rep for the couple that they married on Saturday (August 23rd) at their home in France, Chateau Miraval in a small ceremony in front of family and friends.
The spokesman revealed that Pax and Maddox walked Angelina down the aisle, Zahara and Vivienne threw flower petals, and Shiloh and Knox were the ring bearers.
What They Wore:
- Although Angelina’s dress designer is not currently known, a source told E! News, “The gown was very traditional, but very Angie, it was comfortable but plain white floor-length antique lace and silk.” The insider added, “The boys all wore tiny matching cream linen suits which were just like Brad’s tux while the girls had each chosen a dress to match their own individual style and they had them specially made.”
- “Brad and Angie said hand-written vows telling each other how much they love each other and their beautiful family and they both had tears in their eyes as did everyone else. It was short but loaded with meaning and it was a lovely way to start life in their new family home now that the building work is finally finished.”
- “They all went back into the main house into the ‘Great Hall’ and had a big celebration lunch with local hams, cheeses, freshly caught sea bass, Italian pastas and champagne, as well as Chateau Miraval rosé wine. There were three different types of cakes, all picked by the kids — one was a strawberry ice cream one, another was a three chocolate gateau and a third had fresh cream and raspberries.”
- As for the honeymoon, another source said, “The honeymoon was a few days enjoying Miraval and how much space they have now. The kids went quad biking and swimming on the afternoon of the wedding and that night they all had pizza in the garden. The whole thing was very Brad and Angie. They’re low key and much more about romantic gestures than they are about having a big, flashy multi-million dollar wedding.”
- Brad was photographed wearing his new wedding ring at a photo call for his new film Fury in the UK earlier this week.
- Pitt proposed to his new bridge back in 2012 with a ring he designed with Robert Procop.
- George Clooney told People, “How great is that? I’m really happy for Brad and Angie and their whole family.”
- Bella Thorne tweeted, “OMG Brad and Angelina got married <3 <3 <3 #MRANDMRSSMITH”
- Michael Ian Black tweeted, “Now that Brad and Angelina are married, I can FINALLY start worrying about when they’re going to get divorced.”
- Mia Farrow tweeted, “Congratulations Angie & Brad!!! Now let’s work for the day when everyone can get married.”
- Sandra Bernhard tweeted, “although they both lied to me on separate occasions I congratulate both #angelina and #brad i’ll never forget our special time together.”