Grammy Noms Out
SONG OF THE YEAR
Just Give Me A Reason: Pink and Nate Ruess
Locked Out Of Heaven: Bruno Mars
Roar: Katy Perry
Same Love: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE
Get Lucky: Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams
Just Give Me A Reason: Pink Featuring Nate Ruess
Stay: Rihanna Featuring Mikky Ekko
Blurred Lines: Robin Thicke Featuring T.I. and Pharrell
Suit & Tie: Justin Timberlake and Jay Z
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
The Blessed Unrest: Sara Bareilles
Random Access Memories: Daft Punk
Good Kid, M.A.A.D City: Kendrick Lamar
The Heist: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
Red: Taylor Swift
BEST COUNTRY ALBUM
Night Train: Jason Aldean
Two Lanes Of Freedom: Tim McGraw
Same Trailer Different Park: Kacey Musgraves
Based On A True Story: Blake Shelton
Red: Taylor Swift
BEST NEW ARTIST
Kendrick Lamar Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
RECORD OF THE YEAR
Get Lucky: Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams
Radioactive: Imagine Dragons
Locked Out Of Heaven: Bruno Mars
Blurred Lines: Robin Thicke Featuring T.I. and Pharrell
Kelly Clarkson Infidelity Rumors
Kelly Clarkson has set the record straight regarding rumors of her new husband — Brandon Blackstock cheating. The singer took to Twitter over the weekend to voice her frustration and said, “Keep hearing random rumors of me & Brandon splitting or that’s he’s cheating on me. Stop with all the lying please. False rumors don’t bother me & Brandon but they do affect the lives of our 12 & 7 yr old.They’re kids & don’t get that people can print lies.”
- As previously reported a comment under Kelly’s name was posted on a story about Brandon’s affair on TheDirty.com. Apparently, the comment posted by “Kelly Clarkson” said, “This is absolutely absurd. The woman who posted this fictitious [sic] rumor about my husband used [sic] to be my personal assistant until I terminated her for trying to steal from me.”
Jennifer Lopez Wants Her Name Back
Jennifer Lopez has requested to be Jennifer Lopez again. TMZ has reported that the singer filed documents in response to ex-husband Marc Anthony‘s divorce papers. In the docs, J.Lo requested that her legal name be changed from Jennifer Muniz – which is Marc’s real last name, to Jennifer Lopez.
The couple got married back in 2004 and announced their separation back in 2011. Less than a year after the couple’s separation, Marc filed for a divorce.
- J.Lo is currently dating backup dancing, Casper Smart. Marc on the otherhand, has been linked to Topshop heiress, Chloe Green.
Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, And Prince William Sing “Livin’ On A Prayer”
Taylor Swift was at Kensington Palace last night (Tuesday, November 26th) where she performed for Prince Williams‘ homeless prevention charity called Centrepoint.
Taylor chatted up the Prince during the evening and even managed to get him up on stage with her and fellow performer Jon Bon Jovi to close the performance with “Livin’ On A Prayer.”
People.com reports that Kate Middleton was at home with baby Prince George.
Other celebs who took part in the benefit were Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Firth and Downton Abbey‘s Michelle Dockery.
Taylor told reporters at the event, “It’s positively magical here. There are fairy lights and there is fake snow falling from the sky and everything is just gorgeous. I am just very lucky to be here.”
She added, “I am so excited. I don’t think I have ever played in a palace before . . . ”
One Direction Hits The Road This Summer
One Direction has announced that they will be hitting the road this summer. 1D will kick off their tour in Toronto on August 1, 2014. The boys will make stops in New Jersey, D.C, Philadelphia and L.A. before wrapping up in Miami on October 5, 2014.
On the tour, Niall Horan said, “We simply can’t wait to be back in North America touring and to see our fans. It’s going to be absolutely huge!”
- Check out the tour dates below:
August 1 – Rogers Centre, Toronto, Canada
August 4 – MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
August 7 – Gillette Stadium, Boston, Massachusetts
August 11 – Nationals Park, Washington, D.C.
August 13 – Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
August 16 – Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan
August 19 – LP Field, Nashville, Tennessee
August 22 – Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas
August 24 – AT&T Stadium, Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
August 27 – Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis, Missouri
August 29 – Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
September 12 – Rose Bowl, Los Angeles, California
September 16 – University of Pheonix, Pheonix, Arizona
September 19 – Sunbowl Stadium, El Paso, Texas
September 21 – Alamodome, San Antonia, Texas
September 23 – BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
September 25 – Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana
September 27 – PNC Music Pavillion, Charlotte, North Carolina
October 1 – Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia
October 3 – Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
October 5 – Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida
Was Katy Perry’s Geisha-Style AMA Performance Racist?
Pop diva Katy Perry is taking some heat for her geisha-style performance at the American Music Awards show on Sunday night (November 24th), with some viewers and critics calling it racist for her to have dressed up in a kimono and traditional geisha hair and makeup, complete with a powdered-white face. As she sang her song, “Unconditionally,” the 29-year-old Perry was also surrounded by similarly-dressed women dancing behind rice-paper screens and coming out from a garden, with plenty of lanterns, fans and cherry blossoms all around. Among the critics was Dr. Ravi Chandra, who wrote in Psychology Today, “If you don’t think Katy Perry was racist — let me ask you, what if she had performed in blackface? Perhaps a costume isn’t the same as changing skin color to you, but it is agonizingly close for me. I remember Mickey Rooney in buckteeth for his role as Mr. Yunioshi in Breakfast at Tiffany’s; Jonathan Pryce in Yellowface in Miss Saigon; Gwen Stefani in her Harajuku phase. . . . this kind of ‘costume’ is a way of acting out a power relationship. Whites have historically held power. Therefore Katy Perry has the right to use Japanese culture.” But others defended Perry, and noted that other female singers have dressed as geishas in the past without criticism, including Madonna, Kylie Minogue and Bjork.
2013 American Music Awards
All genres of music were in one room last night (November 24th) at the American Music Awards. The live broadcast from the Nokia Theater in L.A. contained a slew of performances, legendary duets and a tribute to the late Celia Cruz.
- Taylor Swift made the most trips to the podium last night, taking home four awards including Artist of the Year and Favorite Country Album for her record, Red. Justin Timberlake didn’t trail very far behind receiving three nods, including Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist and Favorite Soul/R&B Album.
- Other winners for the night were Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – who were not present due to a show in Miami, newcomer Ariana Grande, One Direction and Rihanna — who took home the first-ever Icon Award.
- Katy Perry opened the show on a high note with an Asian-influenced performance of her new record, “Unconditionally.” The singer perfectly displayed her vocal range while accompanied by dancers twirling colorful parasols and wearing kimono robes.
- Shortly after, Pitbull made his award show host debut with a small tribute to the evolution of booty shaking dances. With help from four dancers, the rapper/host refreshed the audience’s memory of the Tootsie Roll, the Doo-Doo Brown and the Hydrolics dance.
- The night’s performances included One Direction, Ariana Grande, Imagine Dragon, and Luke Bryan, to name a few. Pitbull went into performer mode and hit the stage to perform his record with Ke$ha. Justin Timberlake familiarized the audience with his other area of expertise, playing the guitar. JT strummed on his guitar as he performed a record from the second installation of The 20/20 Experience. TLC — who teased fans that they were performing, but with a special guest, brought out Lil’ Mama to perform, “Waterfalls.”
- Jennifer Lopez put on her frilled mini-skit and her dancing shoes for a tribute to the late Celia Cruz. Let’s not forget that Lady Gaga and R.Kelly put their acting faces on to add an extra theatrical oomph to their duet.
- Naya Rivera may have taken the award for red carpet best dressed in a extremely flattering black gown with a cleavage opening and romantic curls.
- Ciara wore a flattering bob with a black and gold fitted gown. One word, stunning.
- Ariana Grande looked flawless and age appropriate in a floor length, red sequin gown.
- American Idol alum Jordin Sparks glowed in a black and gold gem adorned gown.
- Lady Gaga made her entrance on the red carpet on a white horse, which was actually carried by people, wearing the lavender Versace gown in her new ad. Shameless plug? Well, congrats on the new campaign.
- Miley Cyrus wore a white pants suit. Shocker! She was classy and clothed!
- Taylor Swift was a modern-day Tina Turner. The country singer wore a gold sequin mini-dress with her hair in loose waves.
- Artist of the Year: Taylor Swift
- Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist: Justin Timberlake
- Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist: Taylor Swift
- Favorite Pop/Rock Band/Duo/Group: One Direction
- Favorite Pop/Rock Album: One Direction, Take Me Home
- Favorite Country Female Artist: Taylor Swift
- Favorite Country Male Artist: Luke Bryan
- Favorite Country Band/Duo/Group: Lady Antebellum
- Favorite Country Album: Taylor Swift, Red
- Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, The Heist
- Favorite Adult Contemporary Music Artist: Maroon 5
- Favorite Electronic Dance Music Artist: Avicii
- Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist: Justin Timberlake
- Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist: Rihanna
- Favorite Soul/R&B Album: Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience — The Complete Experience
- Favorite Adult Contemporary Artist: Imagine Dragons
- Favorite Latin Artist: Marc Anthony
- New Artist of the Year: Ariana Grande
- Single of the Year: “Cruise,” Florida George Line Feat. Nelly
- Icon Award: Rihanna
“Just The Way You Are” Hits 6 Million!!!
Bruno Mars‘ first hit record, “Just The Way You Are” from back in 2009 has sold it’s 6 millionth copy this week. According to That Grape Juice, the record is certified two times Platinum in the U.K. and six times Platinum in the U.S.
Lorde Covers Tears For Fears
17-year-old pop singer Lorde has followed up her chart-topping first single, “Royals,” with a cover of the classic Number One hit, “Everybody Wants To Rule The World.” The original by Tears For Fears was written and recorded in 1985, a full 11 years before Lorde was born. The New Zealand-born artist recorded her version for the soundtrack of the upcoming movie The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, which comes out next Tuesday (November 19th).
- The soundtrack also features new songs by Christina Aguilera, the National and Coldplay, among others. Coldplay’s “Atlas” was the first song that the British supergroup has ever written specifically for a film.
- Lorde, whose real name is Ella Yelich-O’Connor, has had the Number One single on the Billboard Hot 100 for six weeks now with “Royals,” which was also recently named the longest-running chart-topping single by a female musician on the Modern Rock chart.
- Her debut album Pure Heroine sold 129,000 copies in its first week to debut at Number Three on the Billboard 200 album chart last month.
Lady Gaga And Her Boyfriend
Lady Gaga has played coy in the past when it comes to her relationship with boyfriend Taylor Kinney but the “Applause” singer opened up about her love life while chatting with Howard Stern on Tuesday (November 12th.) When asked if she had ever had a threesome with him, Gaga replied, “You know what? I’ve spoken a lot about my Taylor and I don’t want to kiss and tell too much. I’m a little bit more of a lady than that. Here’s the thing: I’m not the type of person that’s having sex all the time with lots of random people. I don’t do that. I’m in a monogamous relationship, we’re having a good time, we’ve been together awhile…If it were to come up, it comes up. For me, the connection that I feel is so strong that it’s so much stronger than physical. We’re both very protective of our love as well. We treat each other with a lot of care and we’re good to one another.” She went on to discuss the possibility of a wedding saying, “The thought of a wedding to me is exhausting. Why would I put myself through that? I want to go to David’s Bridal. Here’s my dream wedding:…We get completely hammered, we get the worst dresses we can find and then we go to the courthouse.”
Miley At The EMAs
Miley Cyrus left the MTV EMAs victorious last night winning Best Video for her record, “Wrecking Ball.” And although Miley only took home one award, she was the talk of the night after she gave her acceptance speech smoking what was said to be a joint. The singer approached the mic and said, “I don’t think I’m going to be able to fit that in my purse so I’ll put it right here for now. I couldn’t fit this award in my bag but I did find this.”
Bruno Mars didn’t trail too far behind, winning Best Song for his track, “Locked Out of Heaven.” Katy Perry and Justin Bieber were crowned Best Female and Male artist. And newcomers, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis won Best New Artist.
- The night’s performances included, Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke, Katy Perry, Kings of Leon, Bruno Mars, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, The Killers, Imagine Dragons and Icona Pop.
- The show was hosted by Redfoo of the group LMFAO.
Bieber Gets The Boot In Argentina
Justin Bieber was reportedly kicked out of a hotel in Argentina over the weekend. TMZ has said that the singer was booted from Hotel Faena in Buenos Aires because his fans — who camped outside all week, were damaging hotel property. And apparently, neighboring hotels don’t want Bieber staying at their establishment either.
Photos also surfaced the net that showed Bieliebers in Argentina tearing down crowd controlling barricades outside of the singer’s hotel.
- Hotel Faena reps told E! News that the singer was no longer staying there, but they did not confirm if he was kicked out.
- Meanwhile, the singer got food poisoning just before he was set to perform in Argentina yesterday (November 10th). He took to Twitter and said, “Sitting here with food poisoning and heard we won #bestmale at the #EMAs. Thanks everyone.”
In other news, Biebz has officially been charged for vandalism following his recent graffiti incident in Brazil. E! News has reported that the 19-year-old was charged on Friday (November 8th) after local authorities held a three-day testimony and hearing — which included photographers who capture Bieber in the act, police officers, the singer’s bodyguards and others.
- Bieber will not be arrested, but he will have to pay a fine. The site has also reported that it will take at least 30 days for the judge to examine the evidence and determine the amount of the fine.
New Ink For Miley
Miley Cyrus has gotten a new tattoo. The singer debuted her new ink on Twitter yesterday (November 5th) by posting a picture with a caption that said, “Because I am her favorite [and] she is mine.” The artwork was done by tattoo artist, Kat Von D — who tweeted Miley saying, “Love, love, loved tattooing you last night, @mileycyrus! #miniportraittattooparty.”
Miley confirmed that the tattoo is of her grandmother when a fan asked, “Is that your Mammie?” and Miley replied, “Bingo.”
PITBULL HOSTS THE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS: ABC has announced that Pitbull is set to host the 2013 American Music Awards. According to the Huffington Post, the rapper was chosen because of his Latino heritage in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Gloria Estefan‘s appearance on the show. As well as the 15th year of the favorite artist Latin category. Pitbull is also set to perform his song, “Timber” with Ke$ha. The show is set to air on November 24th.
ARIANA GRANDE PERFORMS AT THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE: Ariana Grande is set to perform at the 87th annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The songstress will be performing along with Fall Out Boy, Fifth Harmony and the cast of Motown: The Musical. On the parade, Doug Vaughn — the Executive Vice President of Special Programs and Late Night for NBC Entertainment said, “We are thrilled to once again broadcast this national celebration to kick off the holiday season.”
2013 YouTube Awards Winners
Video of the Year: “I Got A Boy,” Girls’ Generation
Artist of the Year: Eminem
Response of the Year: Lindsey Stirling & Pentatonix, “Radioactive”
YouTube Phenomenon: “I Knew You Were Trouble”
YouTube Breakthrough: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Innovation of the Year: DeStorm, “See Me Standing”
KATY PERRY / LADY GAGA
Katy Perry has dismissed claims that she and Lady Gaga are battling for the top spot on the charts. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Katy explained, “Gaga and I like to publicly dismiss it because it’s not healthy. You want to feel music. You want it to resonate and relate to you.”
She continued, “You can’t look at it like a competition because you ruin the reason why you love music. But I think that sometimes our fan groups are so big and strong, they use it as ammunition.”
Katy also expressed that she prefers not to comment on Miley Cyrus‘ recent behavior. The singer went on to say, “She’s what, 19 or 20? She’s just living her life. She’s super young, and there’s no directing book on how to do this. Each of us find our own way, and some of us make it out alive and some of us don’t. I mean, Madonna was naked.”
- She added, “The thing is, people come to me and ask me, out of default, what I think about all these girls, but at the end of it all I shouldn’t be considered the behavior police, because I’m not always going to be on my best behavior!”
- Katy has recently topped the Billboard 200 chart with her new album, Prism.
CHRIS KIRKPATRICK JOINS THE MARRIED CLUB: The fellas of ‘N Sync have reunited. The group came together on Saturday (November 2nd) to celebrate Chris Kirkpatrick‘s nuptial to his long-time girlfriend, Karly Skladany. E! confirmed that J.C. Chasez, Lance Bass and Justin Timberlake served as ushers for the wedding.
MILEY CYRUS HEATS UP DURING HALLOWEEN: Miley Cyrus partied the night away on Halloween (October 31st) at the Ciroc Vodka Halloween bash. And according to E!, Miley made out with Good Charlotte‘s guitarist, Benji Madden. They then left the club together with Miley’s friends.
PINK LASHES OUT ON CRITICS: Pink has addressed critics, who have had quite a bit to say about her 2-year-old daughter riding on a motorbike with her husband, Carey Hart. Pink took to Twitter and said, “If any of u have more experience on a bike than my husband, then I will listen to your opinions on how he should take my daughter for a ride. I can’t promise I will care, but I will listen none the less.”
Kelly Clarkson’s Wedding Video