Robin Thicke And Paula Patton
More deets have been released on the Robin Thicke and Paula Patton‘s separation. According to TMZ, sources say that on Friday (February 23rd) Paula told Robin that she wanted to end the marriage. Robin then cancelled his Atlanta concert so that he could fly to Vancouver to try to get her to change her mind.
- The two then had a heart-to-heart and they acknowledged that they have been arguing a lot and haven’t been getting along. After not getting through to her, Robin reluctantly agreed to get a separation, but he — along withe Paula were both very upset. The next day, Robin cancelled his Orlando concert to be with their son Julian Fuego.
Several sources told US Weekly that the split was a long time coming, but Robin’s raunchy performance with Miley Cyrus at the 2013 VMA’s was one of the last straws.
One source said, “The Miley Cyrus fiasco was a big test of their relationship. He asked her to help him out as a friend and a wife, and defend him and the performance. He begged her to speak out for him and be there for him. She agreed to be the good wife after he begged and pleaded. Then he asked her to stick with him through awards season, and she agreed. She attended the Grammys with him as a favor.”
- Meanwhile, People reported that problems may have started with the couple after they had their son in 2010 — and that rumors that Robin was cheating didn’t help.
Mediatakeout reported that the reason Robin and Paula have broken up is because of Robin’s ego. A source told the site, “Robin always thought highly of himself, but ever since [his recent hit single] Blurred Lines, the man has taken it up to LEVEL 10. Robin has been openly cheating on Paula. He’s not trying to be subtle about it, he’s trying to f*ck anything walking.”
The site also asked Paula’s friend is the two had an open marriage and the alleged insider said, “I can’t speak on whether they have brought women into their bedroom in the past. They may have. But they were NOT in an open relationship. They had a traditional marriage, based on monogamy, and Robin was NOT given the Green Light to act up the way that he did.”
- One source said that Paula was especially mad that Robin chose to cheat with white women, saying, “How are you gonna have a beautiful Black wife and be caught with all these BLONDES. Is that what you want? Was chocolate good enough to make you Mr. R&B . . . but now that you’re ON, you’re doing your wife like Justin Timberlake did Janet [Jackson]. . . that’s a lot to ask a Black woman to swallow.”
- The two have been together since high school.
Yesterday (February 25th), Robin released a statement onto his website Robinthicke.com, thanking his fans for their support. He wrote, “I want to thank everyone for the well wishes these last few days. My fans mean everything to me. I’m looking forward to getting back on out on the road and performing in Washington DC this Thursday, and the rest of the tour. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!”
Imagine Dragons Make Chart History
Imagine Dragons is about to make Billboard chart history, as the band’s hit song “Radioactive” tied Jason Mraz‘s “I’m Yours” this week for the most weeks spent on the Billboard Hot 100 song chart. Both tracks have logged 76 weeks on the chart, and with “Radioactive” at Number 23 and not likely to plummet off the survey next week, Imagine Dragons will most likely become the new record-holder when the next chart arrives.
- “Radioactive” has sold 6.6 million downloads.
- Nipping at Imagine Dragons’ heels on the chart is AWOLNation with “Sail,” which just notched its 75th week and looks like it will pass Mraz as well next week.
LiLo Channels Stevie Nicks
Lindsay Lohan is back in the music game. The actress attended the 50th birthday party of NY Republican Party Finance Committee chairman Matthew Mellon on Tuesday night (February 11th) where she channeled a little Stevie Nicks.
The 27-year-old performed Stevie’s song “Edge of Seventeen” which Lindsay actually recorded for her 2005 album A Little More Personal. The crowd appeared to enjoy the entertainment and danced around as Lindsay belted out the lyrics.
- Lohan expressed interest in playing Nicks in a biopic but the Fleetwood Mac member refused to give her permission as long as the actress had a substance abuse problem.
Selena Gomez Rehab Stay
TMZ has reported that Selena Gomez secretly went to rehab last month and Justin Bieber may be the reason why. The singer checked into The Meadows in Arizona for two weeks of treatment. Sources told the site that Selena went to rehab for a number of issues, including alcohol and experimenting with pot and prescription drugs.
Apparently, the singer pinned her problems on Bieber, saying that she was exposed to drugs and alcohol while she was with him and his friends. Insiders told the site that Selena’s camp was angered by reports and photos surfacing of her and Bieber hanging out and riding on Segways. In turn, she immediately checked into rehab.
- The 2-week program that Selena checked into is called DAWN and is specifically designed for people between the ages of 18 and 26. The program specializes in substance dependence, trauma, family dynamics, mental health and relapse prevention.
- Selena however is no longer receiving therapy nor is she getting outpatient help.
A Spears Gaga Collab?
Are Britney Spears and Lady Gaga looking to team up on a new record? A source told Us Weekly, “It’ll happen soon.” And apparently, the two superstars discussed possibly doing a song together backstage at Britney’s show in Vegas over the weekend.
An eyewitness at the show, said, “During the song ‘Till the World Ends,’ Gaga walked to the pit and tossed Britney roses. Brit blew her a kiss!”
- After the show, Gaga tweeted a photo of her and Brit from the show with a caption that said, “She looked so gorgeous, the show was so much fun, and her dad gave us THE BEST BBQ. It was a #MonsterParty!”
One Direction’s New Project
One Direction is reportedly launching a chain of 1D-themed coffee shops. A source told the Daily Star, “The cafes will be very child friendly for younger fans and they’re sure to be stocked up with lots of 1D merchandise. This could become the lads’ version of Planet Hollywood. That chain was backed by stars such as Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger when it launched in 1991.”
The source added, “It could become one of the group’s biggest money-spinners if it takes off. Everything linked to One Direction equates to success at the moment.”
- The band is set to open their first cafe in Japan, with hopes of opening others in cities such as London, Sydney, Berlin and Paris. The shops will be a commonplace for fans to sip on coffee and bond with their fellow 1D fans.
- 1D’s reps have not confirmed this venture as of yet.
Katy Perry / Juicy J / Pitbull – Dark House Rmx
Imagine Dragons Take Time With Next Album
Breakout act Imagine Dragons had a huge night at the 56th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday (January 26th), taking the Best Rock Performance prize for the smash “Radioactive” and then delivering a blistering mash-up of that tune with rapper Kendrick Lamar during the broadcast. With the group getting close to winding down the touring cycle for its debut disc Night Visions, frontman Dan Reynolds was asked backstage at the Staples Center in Los Angeles about plans for album number two: “We just bought a house in Las Vegas, which is our hometown, and we renovated it into a studio. We’ve been writing on the road, but we just want to take our time. I feel like the biggest mistake young bands can make is they rush out their second album. And so we’re gonna take our time, we want to make sure we get it right. We feel like we have a lot of growing to do, and so we’re gonna take our time, make sure that we get there before we release anything.”
- “Radioactive” recently logged its 73rd week on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, leaving it just three weeks shy of tying Jason Mraz‘s “I’m Yours” for the longest run in the chart’s 55-year history.
- Other singles from the platinum-plus Night Visions include “It’s Time” and “Demons.”
- Imagine Dragons will kick off a 21-date arena headlining tour on February 8th in Boise, Idaho. This will likely be the group’s final jaunt before work begins on the next record.
Harry Styles Caught With His Pants Down
One Direction‘s Harry Styles got caught with his pants down. A picture surfaced the net of the singer peeing in a set of bushes, showing his bare butt. Harry reacted to the photo by tweeting, “[Sir] Mix-A-Lot‘s in trouble.”
Sir Mix-A-Lot replied to Harry’s tweet, saying, “@Harry_Styles is that really you? Nah.” Shortly after, he wrote, “Oh wait…. That’s my house!! Those are my bushes!!”
- The rapper added, “I was not the source of the Harry Butt shots I swear. LOL.”
Bieber Arrested For Drag Racing And DUI
Justin Bieber was arrested yesterday morning (January 23rd) for DUI, resisting arrest, drag racing and driving with an expired license. TMZ reported that the 19-year-old was under the influence of drugs and alcohol at the time of his arrest. Law enforcement sources told the site that Bieber failed his sobriety test with a BAC of .04. Apparently, that would not have qualified him as a drunk driver, had he been 21-years-old, however Florida has a zero tolerance for underage drinkers. In the state, a BAC higher than .02 if you’re underage is grounds for license suspension.
The singer — whose eyes were said to be blood shot red, reportedly yelled at he police as they tried to perform a routine pat down. Reports have said that Bieber’s response to the police was, “I ain’t got no ******* weapons, why do you have to search me? What the **** is this about?”
- According to the site, officials held a news conference and said that Bieber admitted to consuming alcohol, prescription meds and smoking marijuana before he decided to operate his vehicle.
BIEBER RELEASED ON $2,500 BOND
Shortly after Bieber was taken into custody and booked, his bail was set to $2,500. A source told Radar Online, “Justin was all ready to bond out. The bondsman was there and was prepared to take care of the matter, until he was unexpectedly told that this case has to proceed to a judge.”
Meanwhile, the singer has hired Florida attorney Roy Black to help beat his DUI charge.
- As previously reported, Bieber’s passenger is in his drag racing escapade gone wrong was model Chantel Jeffries. According to the model’s Instagram page, she is a model represented by Wilhelmina modeling agency and has modeled for Fine As* Girls — a clothing line run by VH1‘s Basketball Wives star Draya Michele. She has also reportedly been romantically linked to NFL player Desean Jackson and P.Diddy‘s son, Justin Combs.
DID BIEBER’S MOM HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM GETTING ARRESTED?
In other news, TMZ has reported that Bieber revealed to the police that his mom Pattie Mallette gave him the prescription meds that he took before he was arrested. Law enforcement sources told the site that the cops interrogated Biebez on what substances he had taken before his arrest and he admitted to being under the influence of prescription drugs, alcohol and weed.
It’s unclear if the singer used his own prescription drugs or if he’s using his mom’s prescription — which would be illegal. If Bieber however has his own prescription, the use of the drug not be held against him.
- However, despite Bieber’s recent run-in with the law, his mom has reportedly asked for his fans to pray for him. According to The Sun, the singer’s mom said, “I ask that people keep me and Justin in their minds. I pray for him everyday. I think so many people go into the entertainment industry with amazing Christian roots and they get influenced somehow. If Justin’s struggling, don’t kick him when he’s down or condemn him. Pray for him.”
REPORT: SCOOTER BRAUN GIVES BIEBER AN ULTIMATUM
On the other hand, Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun has reportedly given the singer a huge ultimatum. According to Access Hollywood, either Bieber has to clean up his act or Braun will be chucking him the deuces. Access Hollywood’s Bill Bush revealed on yesterday’s (January 23rd) episode of Access Hollywood Live, “You’ll hear people today say, ‘Oh, he’s a young guy, he’s making mistakes, he’s a young kid.’ Scooter and his team, they’re all past that. They’re past that point with Justin.”
- Billy added, “Scooter has said to him, ‘You’ve gotta go get help, or I’m done. I’m done with you.’”
STARS REACT TO BIEBER’S ARREST
A number of celebs took to Twitter to share their reactions on the 19-year-old’s series of unfortunate events:
- Ellen DeGeneres: “It’s hard to hear all this news about @JustinBieber. I hope he makes his way to adulthood without him or anyone else getting hurt.”
- Seth Rogen: “All jokes aside, Justin Bieber is a piece of sh*t.”
- Albert Brooks: “Leave Bieber alone. At least he wasn’t texting.”
- Mario Lopez: “Justin Bieber mugshot . . . He must be high… He thought he was at a Teen Beat photo shoot.”
- RuPaul:”Condragulations, your son is a woman! Justin Bieber’s official mugshot has been released” (With a Photoshopped image of Bieber’s mugshot with makeup on his face.)
- Chrissy Teigen: “Anyhow as crazy as i am, I don’t love laughing at downward spirals. You can love it though.”
- Josh Groban: “‘I sentence you to free credibility in the world you are actively trying to gain credibility in.’ – judge to Bieber.”
- Keyshawn Johnson: “They finally caught HIM! Glad no one was hurt, no kids in the street. Everyone grows up at some point. Hopefully he learns from it. The scary part is grown adults who are w/ him aren’t protecting him from himself! All looking for a quick buck. Learning experience for all.”
- Vanilla Ice: “Someone just told me that Justin Bieber got arrested in Miami last night drag racing drunk. Hard lesson to learn. Okay back to the art, LOL. I don’t want to get on a Bieber tangent. I wish him the best. But drinking and driving is not good.”
- Jason London: “Finally. Bieber. Street cred. #VanillaKilla.”
- Mike Epps: “Now Justin Bieber gets to really be labeled a hip-hop star…he has been profiled and locked up for being Hord…lol”